Uppu Huli Dosa Recipe
Uppu huli dosa is a typical Udupi breakfast dish that tastes awesome. This dosa doesn't require fermentation just like Neeru dosa. And no accompaniment chutney or sambar is required to have this!! It tastes fantastic with honey or curds or butter. Here is the recipe of uppu huli dosa.
Uppu Huli Doas Ingredients
- Dosa rice- 2 cups
- Fenugreek seeds- 1 tbsp
- Urad dal/Slit black gram- 1 tbsp (optional)
- Coconut - 1/2
- Coriander seeds- 6 tbsp
- Cumin seeds- 3 tbsp
- Red chilly (Byadagi)- 7 nos
- Tamarind- Lemon size
- Powdered Jaggery- 6 tbsp
- Salt- 2.5 tbsp or to taste
- Wash and Soak dosa rice, fenugreek seeds and urad dal for 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Drain it and keep aside.
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 15 mins.
- Grate the half coconut completely. Grind coconut, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, red chilly, jaggery, tamarind and salt coarsely by adding water in steps.
- Add soaked rice, fenugreek seeds and urad dal mixture to the above coconut masala and grind to fine paste. Add water in steps while grinding. The consistency of the batter should be just like normal dosa batter. Transfer the batter to a bowl.
- Heat a dosa skillet and spread a tea spoon of oil on it using coconut coir. Pour a ladleful of uppu huli dosa batter at the center. With the back of ladle spread the batter in circular motion to the desired thickness.
- Drizzle some oil on the edges and close it with a lid. Let it cook for 2 mins in medium flame.
- Once done, no need of cooking the other side, remove it from tawa and serve hot with honey or curds.
- Adding coconut in generous quantity is must, that makes the dosa smooth otherwise it will be hard.
- Adding urad dal is optional, I have added it to make dosa soft.
Meet you all with one more interesting Udupi recipe. Till then bye.